BJP hits back at PM for slamming Oppn
New Delhi: Stung by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark that opposition played an "obstructionist role" in Parliament, BJP today hit back saying instead of pointing finger at others, he should explain his record in power for the last nine years.
Referring to Singh`s remarks that opposition was "doubly disappointed" when UPA came to power for a second time, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said as regards BJP`s disappointment, she would not like to comment but would ask the Prime Minister to explain his record in office for the past nine years.
"Leave what the BJP feels. We are frustrated or not, you will see how people are going to respond to you after this... blaming Opposition shows you have no answers to give to the country," she said.
She said instead, the Prime Minister should explain why he has "failed to function" despite having the mandate.
"I would rather have the Prime Minister talk about why he has failed to function even after having the mandate given to him. 2004 he had the mandate, 2009 he had the mandate given to him. Instead of pointing a finger at BJP, you had the mandate, tell us your record. Tell us what is your performance Mr Prime Minister," she said.
Referring to the first 100 days` agenda of UPA II, she said, "Your 100 days list remains where it was in 2009."
"What happened to the 100-day promise you gave - within 100 days Telangana, within 100 days Food Security Bill, within 100 days Women`s Reservation Bill, more importantly, within 100 days controlling the prices."
Slamming the Opposition for its "obstructionist" role in Parliament, Singh today said it has become more impatient than ever before.
He made a fresh appeal to political parties to help the government clear important legislations in Parliament and stop its "obstructionist role".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan