BJP hits back at PM for slamming Oppn
New Delhi: Stung by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s remark that opposition played an "obstructionist role" in Parliament, BJP today hit back saying instead of pointing finger at others, he should explain his record in power for the last nine years.
Referring to Singh`s remarks that opposition was "doubly disappointed" when UPA came to power for a second time, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said as regards BJP`s disappointment, she would not like to comment but would ask the Prime Minister to explain his record in office for the past nine years.
"Leave what the BJP feels. We are frustrated or not, you will see how people are going to respond to you after this... blaming Opposition shows you have no answers to give to the country," she said.
She said instead, the Prime Minister should explain why he has "failed to function" despite having the mandate.
"I would rather have the Prime Minister talk about why he has failed to function even after having the mandate given to him. 2004 he had the mandate, 2009 he had the mandate given to him. Instead of pointing a finger at BJP, you had the mandate, tell us your record. Tell us what is your performance Mr Prime Minister," she said.
Referring to the first 100 days` agenda of UPA II, she said, "Your 100 days list remains where it was in 2009."
"What happened to the 100-day promise you gave - within 100 days Telangana, within 100 days Food Security Bill, within 100 days Women`s Reservation Bill, more importantly, within 100 days controlling the prices."
Slamming the Opposition for its "obstructionist" role in Parliament, Singh today said it has become more impatient than ever before.
He made a fresh appeal to political parties to help the government clear important legislations in Parliament and stop its "obstructionist role".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?