BJP hits out at Chidambaram, calls Narendra Modi a `unifying force`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday hit out at P Chidambaram for his remarks on Narendra Modi dividing the party leadership, saying the Congress leader has a "double chequered" history for his role as Finance Minister and his earlier stint as Home Minister.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said Chidambaram`s acknowledgement in a media interview yesterday that Modi has united the rank and file shows he has accepted the fact that the Gujarat Chief Minister is a "unifying force".
However, the main opposition is miffed at Chidambaram`s views in an interview to a news agency that the party leaders are still divided. The BJP also maintained that it would be a gross exaggeration to say that Modi will win in every state.
"Jealousy is also a form of appreciation," Lekhi said when asked about Chidambaram`s comments.
The BJP attacked Chidambaram for the "massive unemployment" in the country and other economic issues as well as for his role as the Home Minister, where the main opposition alleged that the affidavit of Ishrat Jahan was changed during his tenure.
"BJP is very concerned about the massive unemployment problem faced by tens of millions of young people in the country today. Over the last nine years, the UPA government has not initiated a single large infrastructure project that could create jobs on the scale required by the 2001 census," Lekhi said.
She claimed while the NDA government had created 60.7 million jobs in six years, the UPA dispensation has managed to give jobs to only 2.7 million people.
"The crisis that the country is going through is a symptom of the bad policies of UPA," Lekhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery