BJP hits out at Chidambaram, calls Narendra Modi a `unifying force`
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Tuesday hit out at P Chidambaram for his remarks on Narendra Modi dividing the party leadership, saying the Congress leader has a "double chequered" history for his role as Finance Minister and his earlier stint as Home Minister.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said Chidambaram`s acknowledgement in a media interview yesterday that Modi has united the rank and file shows he has accepted the fact that the Gujarat Chief Minister is a "unifying force".
However, the main opposition is miffed at Chidambaram`s views in an interview to a news agency that the party leaders are still divided. The BJP also maintained that it would be a gross exaggeration to say that Modi will win in every state.
"Jealousy is also a form of appreciation," Lekhi said when asked about Chidambaram`s comments.
The BJP attacked Chidambaram for the "massive unemployment" in the country and other economic issues as well as for his role as the Home Minister, where the main opposition alleged that the affidavit of Ishrat Jahan was changed during his tenure.
"BJP is very concerned about the massive unemployment problem faced by tens of millions of young people in the country today. Over the last nine years, the UPA government has not initiated a single large infrastructure project that could create jobs on the scale required by the 2001 census," Lekhi said.
She claimed while the NDA government had created 60.7 million jobs in six years, the UPA dispensation has managed to give jobs to only 2.7 million people.
"The crisis that the country is going through is a symptom of the bad policies of UPA," Lekhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks