BJP hopes alliance talks with anti-Congess forces clinches soon
Vijayawada: Amid reports that talks between BJP and TDP in Andhra Pradesh failed to make a headway, BJP spokesman and MP Prakash Javadekar Friday hoped that parties opposed to Congress would quickly clinch an electoral understanding.
In an apparent reference to the talks with TDP over seat-sharing in Andhra Pradesh, he said time is running out to seal the understanding that would facilitate a joint fight against Congress.
"I welcome those who give suggestions, those who give the slogan `Congress hatao Desh bachao`. But, there must be a joint effort to do that. It cannot be an isolated, different effort. And to that end, yes, we are in dialogue with some of them.
"But, let me also remind that there is little time left. It cannot be an endless debate, endless talks. No way. Therefore, I hope in the national interest, all the parties and other forces, those who want `Congress hatao Desh bachao` will also realise the importance of time and clinching the issues so that we can jointly fight," he said.
Javadekar was speaking at a meeting of the office bearers of the newly-formed Andhra Pradesh unit of BJP, headed by former MLA K Haribabu.
Former Union Minister D Purandeswari, whose name is doing the rounds as the party`s candidate for Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat, also attended the meeting.
Recalling the BJP`s efforts in getting special status for Seemandhra in the division of AP, Javadekar said the region should elect BJP candidates in the interest of development.
According to TDP sources, talks between the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the BJP over a poll alliance to the Lok Sabha and the Andhra Pradesh assembly, have failed to make any headway so far, after the latter insisted on at least 50 per cent seats in the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city