BJP hopes alliance talks with anti-Congess forces clinches soon
Vijayawada: Amid reports that talks between BJP and TDP in Andhra Pradesh failed to make a headway, BJP spokesman and MP Prakash Javadekar Friday hoped that parties opposed to Congress would quickly clinch an electoral understanding.
In an apparent reference to the talks with TDP over seat-sharing in Andhra Pradesh, he said time is running out to seal the understanding that would facilitate a joint fight against Congress.
"I welcome those who give suggestions, those who give the slogan `Congress hatao Desh bachao`. But, there must be a joint effort to do that. It cannot be an isolated, different effort. And to that end, yes, we are in dialogue with some of them.
"But, let me also remind that there is little time left. It cannot be an endless debate, endless talks. No way. Therefore, I hope in the national interest, all the parties and other forces, those who want `Congress hatao Desh bachao` will also realise the importance of time and clinching the issues so that we can jointly fight," he said.
Javadekar was speaking at a meeting of the office bearers of the newly-formed Andhra Pradesh unit of BJP, headed by former MLA K Haribabu.
Former Union Minister D Purandeswari, whose name is doing the rounds as the party`s candidate for Vijayawada Lok Sabha seat, also attended the meeting.
Recalling the BJP`s efforts in getting special status for Seemandhra in the division of AP, Javadekar said the region should elect BJP candidates in the interest of development.
According to TDP sources, talks between the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the BJP over a poll alliance to the Lok Sabha and the Andhra Pradesh assembly, have failed to make any headway so far, after the latter insisted on at least 50 per cent seats in the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui