BJP HQ attack: Strictest action should be taken against AAP, says Delhi EC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi chief Electoral Office on Sunday recommended to the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take strictest action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its alleged attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in the national capital.
“AAP violated the model code of conduct after its supporters clashed with BJP workers on March 05, during a protest in New Delhi. Strictest action should be taken against them,” a district election officer said today.
The election officer had issued a notice to the AAP saying they did not take permission to protest after the model code of conduct came into effect.
The chief election officer of Delhi submitted a detailed report today over Wednesday`s incident where AAP and BJP workers had clashed.
According to the sources, the Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev has sent his report after receiving the District Election Officer`s (DEO) report which said that it was not satisfied with the AAP`s reply to the show cause notice issued to them and that the incident was a violation of the model code of conduct, a PTI report said.
BJP had approached the ECI demanding de-recognition of AAP for the incident.
Violent clashes erupted between BJP and AAP workers in Delhi, Lucknow and Khari village in Gujarat after AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police during his Gujarat tour.
Police said that Kejriwal was detained for allegedly violating the model code of conduct that came into force as soon as the Election Commission announced dates of the Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, Kejriwal had not sought permission for his road show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge