BJP HQ attack: Strictest action should be taken against AAP, says Delhi EC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi chief Electoral Office on Sunday recommended to the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take strictest action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its alleged attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in the national capital.
“AAP violated the model code of conduct after its supporters clashed with BJP workers on March 05, during a protest in New Delhi. Strictest action should be taken against them,” a district election officer said today.
The election officer had issued a notice to the AAP saying they did not take permission to protest after the model code of conduct came into effect.
The chief election officer of Delhi submitted a detailed report today over Wednesday`s incident where AAP and BJP workers had clashed.
According to the sources, the Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev has sent his report after receiving the District Election Officer`s (DEO) report which said that it was not satisfied with the AAP`s reply to the show cause notice issued to them and that the incident was a violation of the model code of conduct, a PTI report said.
BJP had approached the ECI demanding de-recognition of AAP for the incident.
Violent clashes erupted between BJP and AAP workers in Delhi, Lucknow and Khari village in Gujarat after AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police during his Gujarat tour.
Police said that Kejriwal was detained for allegedly violating the model code of conduct that came into force as soon as the Election Commission announced dates of the Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, Kejriwal had not sought permission for his road show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy