BJP HQ attack: Strictest action should be taken against AAP, says Delhi EC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi chief Electoral Office on Sunday recommended to the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take strictest action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its alleged attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in the national capital.
“AAP violated the model code of conduct after its supporters clashed with BJP workers on March 05, during a protest in New Delhi. Strictest action should be taken against them,” a district election officer said today.
The election officer had issued a notice to the AAP saying they did not take permission to protest after the model code of conduct came into effect.
The chief election officer of Delhi submitted a detailed report today over Wednesday`s incident where AAP and BJP workers had clashed.
According to the sources, the Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev has sent his report after receiving the District Election Officer`s (DEO) report which said that it was not satisfied with the AAP`s reply to the show cause notice issued to them and that the incident was a violation of the model code of conduct, a PTI report said.
BJP had approached the ECI demanding de-recognition of AAP for the incident.
Violent clashes erupted between BJP and AAP workers in Delhi, Lucknow and Khari village in Gujarat after AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police during his Gujarat tour.
Police said that Kejriwal was detained for allegedly violating the model code of conduct that came into force as soon as the Election Commission announced dates of the Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, Kejriwal had not sought permission for his road show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons