BJP HQ attack: Strictest action should be taken against AAP, says Delhi EC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi chief Electoral Office on Sunday recommended to the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take strictest action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its alleged attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in the national capital.
“AAP violated the model code of conduct after its supporters clashed with BJP workers on March 05, during a protest in New Delhi. Strictest action should be taken against them,” a district election officer said today.
The election officer had issued a notice to the AAP saying they did not take permission to protest after the model code of conduct came into effect.
The chief election officer of Delhi submitted a detailed report today over Wednesday`s incident where AAP and BJP workers had clashed.
According to the sources, the Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev has sent his report after receiving the District Election Officer`s (DEO) report which said that it was not satisfied with the AAP`s reply to the show cause notice issued to them and that the incident was a violation of the model code of conduct, a PTI report said.
BJP had approached the ECI demanding de-recognition of AAP for the incident.
Violent clashes erupted between BJP and AAP workers in Delhi, Lucknow and Khari village in Gujarat after AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police during his Gujarat tour.
Police said that Kejriwal was detained for allegedly violating the model code of conduct that came into force as soon as the Election Commission announced dates of the Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, Kejriwal had not sought permission for his road show.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan