BJP HQ attack: Strictest action should be taken against AAP, says Delhi EC
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi chief Electoral Office on Sunday recommended to the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take strictest action against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for its alleged attack on Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters in the national capital.
“AAP violated the model code of conduct after its supporters clashed with BJP workers on March 05, during a protest in New Delhi. Strictest action should be taken against them,” a district election officer said today.
The election officer had issued a notice to the AAP saying they did not take permission to protest after the model code of conduct came into effect.
The chief election officer of Delhi submitted a detailed report today over Wednesday`s incident where AAP and BJP workers had clashed.
According to the sources, the Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev has sent his report after receiving the District Election Officer`s (DEO) report which said that it was not satisfied with the AAP`s reply to the show cause notice issued to them and that the incident was a violation of the model code of conduct, a PTI report said.
BJP had approached the ECI demanding de-recognition of AAP for the incident.
Violent clashes erupted between BJP and AAP workers in Delhi, Lucknow and Khari village in Gujarat after AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal was briefly detained by police during his Gujarat tour.
Police said that Kejriwal was detained for allegedly violating the model code of conduct that came into force as soon as the Election Commission announced dates of the Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, Kejriwal had not sought permission for his road show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi