BJP in secret pact with MNS, wants to dump Sena: NCP
Mumbai: NCP on Tuesday alleged that BJP has entered into a tacit understanding with Raj Thackeray-led MNS and the party was shying away from declaring it`s tie-up out of fear of hurting its prospects in Hindi-speaking belt, especially in UP and Bihar.
"MNS is not putting up candidates against BJP nominees (in Maharashtra) and hence the hidden pact is out in the open. The alliance is not being announced publicly because it may hurt BJP in north India because of MNS` anti-north Indian stand," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik said Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray was turning a blind eye to the sentiments of his party workers who were apparently hurt by BJP`s hobnobbing with MNS.
"It is sad that Uddhav Thackeray is unable to see this hidden pact. Uddhav is turning a blind eye to the sentiments of shiv sainiks. Even NCP was asking who heads the BJP in Maharashtra...But were not finding answers. Today, Uddhav also has asked the same question," Malik said.
He said former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has introduced the "built operate transfer (BOT) formula in politics and BJP was applying it on Sena and MNS.
"Ally with someone for power, make maximum use of the person, sidestep him after use and look for new friends, this seems to be Gadkari`s ploy," Malik said.
Malik said BJP wanted to dump its oldest ally Shiv Sena and join hands with MNS as it feels Sena has became a spent force in state politics.
"Raj Thackeray has been an ambassador of Narendra Modi for the last two years. He is treated as a state guest in Gujarat," the NCP leader pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon