BJP indulging in Goebellian tactics`: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday dismissed as
"Goebellian tactics" BJP`s prediction that early Lok Sabha polls cannot be ruled out as the government is in a "suicidal
mode" and accused the opposition party of misleading the
nation with its propaganda.
"They know there is no affirmative support for them from
the people so they are now indulging in Goebellian tactics of
misleading the nation day in and day out. But a BJP lie
repeated a 1000 times cannot become truth," party spokesman
Abhishek Singhvi told reporters here.
Dubbing the BJP as a "rudderless ship", he wondered
whether the opposition party has convinced itself that "it is
an active pretender to power. These are nothing but delusions
of grandeur and the sooner they come out of it the better".
His reaction came after the BJP veteran L K Advani as also
senior leaders Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj underlined the
need for the party to be ready for mid-term polls.
Advani said that "there is a crisis of governance and
this government is in a suicidal mode. We do not need to
"The government is full of corruption and does not
deserve to be in office.... We must gear up as you never know
what is in the offing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report