BJP is also responsible for coal scam: Karat
Ranchi: Ridiculing BJP for stalling the proceedings in Parliament, CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat on Monday alleged the erstwhile NDA government was no less responsible for the coal scam.
"Along with Congress, (BJP-led) NDA government is also responsible for the Rs 1.86 crore coal scam," Karat told reporters here.
"BJP is not doing the right thing by stalling Parliament on this issue (CAG report on coal block allotment). It should allow Parliament to function," Karat said.
He said "BJP is alone and not even its allies are with it.
The parliamentary system should not be disrupted."
He said Left parties had expressed willingness to participate in the debate when the CAG report was placed during the monsoon session itself.
To a question, Karat did not subscribe to BJP`s statement that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not have read out his statement amid din in Parliament on CAG`s report on coal block allotment.
"The Prime Minister had no alternative," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan