BJP is also responsible for coal scam: Karat
Ranchi: Ridiculing BJP for stalling the proceedings in Parliament, CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat on Monday alleged the erstwhile NDA government was no less responsible for the coal scam.
"Along with Congress, (BJP-led) NDA government is also responsible for the Rs 1.86 crore coal scam," Karat told reporters here.
"BJP is not doing the right thing by stalling Parliament on this issue (CAG report on coal block allotment). It should allow Parliament to function," Karat said.
He said "BJP is alone and not even its allies are with it.
The parliamentary system should not be disrupted."
He said Left parties had expressed willingness to participate in the debate when the CAG report was placed during the monsoon session itself.
To a question, Karat did not subscribe to BJP`s statement that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not have read out his statement amid din in Parliament on CAG`s report on coal block allotment.
"The Prime Minister had no alternative," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!