BJP is also responsible for coal scam: Karat
Ranchi: Ridiculing BJP for stalling the proceedings in Parliament, CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat on Monday alleged the erstwhile NDA government was no less responsible for the coal scam.
"Along with Congress, (BJP-led) NDA government is also responsible for the Rs 1.86 crore coal scam," Karat told reporters here.
"BJP is not doing the right thing by stalling Parliament on this issue (CAG report on coal block allotment). It should allow Parliament to function," Karat said.
He said "BJP is alone and not even its allies are with it.
The parliamentary system should not be disrupted."
He said Left parties had expressed willingness to participate in the debate when the CAG report was placed during the monsoon session itself.
To a question, Karat did not subscribe to BJP`s statement that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not have read out his statement amid din in Parliament on CAG`s report on coal block allotment.
"The Prime Minister had no alternative," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country