BJP launches coal stir, calls UPA most corrupt govt
New Delhi: Kicking off the BJP’s nationwide campaign against alleged irregularities in the coal blocks allocation, senior party leader Arun Jaitley hit out at the UPA government calling it the most corrupt ever.
“The UPA is the most corrupt government ever. Prior to it, Bofors was the biggest scam with where in Rs 64 crore bribe was paid. It government then lost power. But the UPA has come up with humongous scams,” Jaitley said at Jantar Mantar here.
Jaitley said the UPA government has allocated coal blocks arbitrarily. He added that the BJP is firm on demanding Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s resignation who held the coal portfolio when the allocations were made.
The BJP has been demanding the cancellation of allocation of 142 coal blocks and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
Earlier, BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar had said that the party will organise demonstrations in 40 cities across the country for three days beginning Friday.
"On 31st (August), 1st (September) and 2nd (September) our leaders will go to 40 cities and we will launch our protest," he said.
The Comptroller and Auditor General in its report said the country has suffered a presumptive loss of Rs 1.85 lakh crore because of allocation and non-auction of the coal blocks.
The BJP has not allowed Parliament to function for entire two weeks over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced