BJP leader Joshi hits out at PM on graft issue
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s comments on Wednesday that attempts to create a mindless atmosphere of pessimism was not good drew criticism from the BJP which warned that use of government machinery to promote corruption would lead to disaster.
Singh, whose government has come under fire from opposition and civil activists on the graft issue, said at a function here, "The mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism that is sought to be created over the issue of corruption can do us no good."
Asked about this, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi retorted, "The mindful application of government machinery and the legal system to promote corruption will certainly lead us to disaster."
BJP has been accusing the government of "misusing" CBI and other agencies to target the opposition while also protecting the interests of some.
Joshi made a fresh demand for a probe into the alleged financial wrongdoings of Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
On Vadra not clarifying his stand against the charges levelled against him by activist Arvind Kejriwal, Joshi said, "The party has demanded that everything should be investigated and true facts should be brought before us. And if there is bungling and misappropriation the whole thing should be brought before a court of law."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27