BJP leader Joshi hits out at PM on graft issue
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s comments on Wednesday that attempts to create a mindless atmosphere of pessimism was not good drew criticism from the BJP which warned that use of government machinery to promote corruption would lead to disaster.
Singh, whose government has come under fire from opposition and civil activists on the graft issue, said at a function here, "The mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism that is sought to be created over the issue of corruption can do us no good."
Asked about this, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi retorted, "The mindful application of government machinery and the legal system to promote corruption will certainly lead us to disaster."
BJP has been accusing the government of "misusing" CBI and other agencies to target the opposition while also protecting the interests of some.
Joshi made a fresh demand for a probe into the alleged financial wrongdoings of Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
On Vadra not clarifying his stand against the charges levelled against him by activist Arvind Kejriwal, Joshi said, "The party has demanded that everything should be investigated and true facts should be brought before us. And if there is bungling and misappropriation the whole thing should be brought before a court of law."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!