BJP leader Naqvi accuses Congress of shamelessly looting people
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at the Congress over the recent reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the way the Congress has "shamelessly looted people" is a matter of great concern.
"The way the Congress has shamelessly looted people is a matter of great concern. Parties have to learn from victories and defeats, but the Congress has become even more arrogant," said Naqvi.
"The way development took place when UPA was in power is weird. A lot of noise was made before the Commonwealth Games, but later it turned out that there was corruption in the name of development," he added.
The CAG has indicted a number of Delhi government departments for wasteful expenditure incurred prior to the Commonweal Games, but the infrastructure and social security projects, have been pending and the government ignored key environmental issues which have resulted in the loss of crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses