BJP leader Naqvi accuses Congress of shamelessly looting people
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at the Congress over the recent reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the way the Congress has "shamelessly looted people" is a matter of great concern.
"The way the Congress has shamelessly looted people is a matter of great concern. Parties have to learn from victories and defeats, but the Congress has become even more arrogant," said Naqvi.
"The way development took place when UPA was in power is weird. A lot of noise was made before the Commonwealth Games, but later it turned out that there was corruption in the name of development," he added.
The CAG has indicted a number of Delhi government departments for wasteful expenditure incurred prior to the Commonweal Games, but the infrastructure and social security projects, have been pending and the government ignored key environmental issues which have resulted in the loss of crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures
- PDP, Centre not on same page, meet between Mehbooba Mufti and PM Modi critical: Defence expert
- Diabetes drug may help prevent heart disease
- Kashmir unrest: Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, hits out at Pakistan for openly fuelling tension in Valley