BJP leader Naqvi accuses Congress of shamelessly looting people
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at the Congress over the recent reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the way the Congress has "shamelessly looted people" is a matter of great concern.
"The way the Congress has shamelessly looted people is a matter of great concern. Parties have to learn from victories and defeats, but the Congress has become even more arrogant," said Naqvi.
"The way development took place when UPA was in power is weird. A lot of noise was made before the Commonwealth Games, but later it turned out that there was corruption in the name of development," he added.
The CAG has indicted a number of Delhi government departments for wasteful expenditure incurred prior to the Commonweal Games, but the infrastructure and social security projects, have been pending and the government ignored key environmental issues which have resulted in the loss of crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city