BJP leader Naqvi accuses Congress of shamelessly looting people
New Delhi: Taking a jibe at the Congress over the recent reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday said the way the Congress has "shamelessly looted people" is a matter of great concern.
"The way the Congress has shamelessly looted people is a matter of great concern. Parties have to learn from victories and defeats, but the Congress has become even more arrogant," said Naqvi.
"The way development took place when UPA was in power is weird. A lot of noise was made before the Commonwealth Games, but later it turned out that there was corruption in the name of development," he added.
The CAG has indicted a number of Delhi government departments for wasteful expenditure incurred prior to the Commonweal Games, but the infrastructure and social security projects, have been pending and the government ignored key environmental issues which have resulted in the loss of crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH