BJP leader Subramanian Swamy takes potshot at Congress` leadership
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Losing no opportunity to target Gandhi family, the BJP`s senior leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday took a potshot at Congress` leadership for failing to win even 50 LS seats in 2014 General Elections.
Swamy, while citing an example of 1997 political scenario, said that during Congress` debacle in that year, the party blamed the leadership of former prime minister Narasimha Rao`. However, today when Gandhis are spearheading the party, nobody is blaming them.
In '97 when Congress lost they blamed Narasimha Rao's leadership,today leadership is of Gandhis,but no blame in report-Subramanian Swamy,BJP
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 16, 2014
Swamy`s remark came a day after Congress leader AK Antony, who headed a committee that probed the reasons for Congress` loss in the Lok Sabha poll, cleared Rahul Gandhi of any responsibility for the party`s debacle.
While dismissing all reports that suggested Gandhis role in Congress` defeat, Antony said that Rahul and Sonia Gandhi held rallies across the country and that something else was the reason for the party`s loss.
When asked about speculations doing the rounds about Priyanka Gandhi taking up the charge of the party, Antony said, "There is already a clarification from Priyankaji. I will not add anything."
Priyanka had earlier dismissed speculation surrounding her as "conjecture" and "baseless rumours".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!