BJP leader Tapan Sikdar passes away
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Monday expressed sadness over the death of BJP leader and former union minister Tapan Sikdar, and said that he will be remembered for his "rich contribution in building the BJP".
"Tapan Sikdar ji`s demise is extremely saddening. May his soul rest in peace," Modi said in a tweet.
He added: "Tapan Sikdar will be remembered for his rich contribution in building the BJP and his years of dedicated public service."
Sikdar was a union minister in the Atal Bihari Vajapyee government from 1999 to 2004.
He was admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here May 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'