BJP leader Vani Tripathi files no complaint for `assault`
New Delhi: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader has alleged that she was assaulted by a gang of drunk men in Delhi late Thursday. Police, however, said the politician had "arrived at a compromise with the other party" and that none of the men were drunk.
"No action has been taken as she (the BJP leader) did not register a complaint and arrived at a compromise with the other party," a police officer told a news agency.
BJP general secretary Vani Tripathi had alleged that she was assaulted by five men, who were driving a Scorpio SUV near Savitri cinema in Greater Kailash (GK) - a posh locality in south Delhi.
"I was coming back after a meeting in Vasant Vihar around 9.30 pm when my car was hit by a Scorpio car in GK," Tripathi told the agency.
"They (the five men) were all drunk. My car was damaged and even the tyres burst. They then tried to pull me out of the car," she said.
Tripathi added that her driver showed courage and pushed her attackers away. "My driver locked me inside the car and countered them. I called the police but their arrival got delayed because of the traffic," she said.
Police, however, said that none of the men were drunk and after a commotion between drivers of the two vehicle Tripathi called police and reached the CR Park police station.
According to the officer, the men in the Scorpio work as white-washers and the driver was going to drop them.
Tripathi said that she did not want any action against them as they belonged to poor families, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe