BJP leader Vani Tripathi files no complaint for `assault`
New Delhi: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader has alleged that she was assaulted by a gang of drunk men in Delhi late Thursday. Police, however, said the politician had "arrived at a compromise with the other party" and that none of the men were drunk.
"No action has been taken as she (the BJP leader) did not register a complaint and arrived at a compromise with the other party," a police officer told a news agency.
BJP general secretary Vani Tripathi had alleged that she was assaulted by five men, who were driving a Scorpio SUV near Savitri cinema in Greater Kailash (GK) - a posh locality in south Delhi.
"I was coming back after a meeting in Vasant Vihar around 9.30 pm when my car was hit by a Scorpio car in GK," Tripathi told the agency.
"They (the five men) were all drunk. My car was damaged and even the tyres burst. They then tried to pull me out of the car," she said.
Tripathi added that her driver showed courage and pushed her attackers away. "My driver locked me inside the car and countered them. I called the police but their arrival got delayed because of the traffic," she said.
Police, however, said that none of the men were drunk and after a commotion between drivers of the two vehicle Tripathi called police and reached the CR Park police station.
According to the officer, the men in the Scorpio work as white-washers and the driver was going to drop them.
Tripathi said that she did not want any action against them as they belonged to poor families, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here