BJP leader Vani Tripathi files no complaint for `assault`
New Delhi: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader has alleged that she was assaulted by a gang of drunk men in Delhi late Thursday. Police, however, said the politician had "arrived at a compromise with the other party" and that none of the men were drunk.
"No action has been taken as she (the BJP leader) did not register a complaint and arrived at a compromise with the other party," a police officer told a news agency.
BJP general secretary Vani Tripathi had alleged that she was assaulted by five men, who were driving a Scorpio SUV near Savitri cinema in Greater Kailash (GK) - a posh locality in south Delhi.
"I was coming back after a meeting in Vasant Vihar around 9.30 pm when my car was hit by a Scorpio car in GK," Tripathi told the agency.
"They (the five men) were all drunk. My car was damaged and even the tyres burst. They then tried to pull me out of the car," she said.
Tripathi added that her driver showed courage and pushed her attackers away. "My driver locked me inside the car and countered them. I called the police but their arrival got delayed because of the traffic," she said.
Police, however, said that none of the men were drunk and after a commotion between drivers of the two vehicle Tripathi called police and reached the CR Park police station.
According to the officer, the men in the Scorpio work as white-washers and the driver was going to drop them.
Tripathi said that she did not want any action against them as they belonged to poor families, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015