BJP leaders cancel programmes
Patna: With BJP in crisis after the resignation of its tallest leader L K Advani and NDA partner JD(U) signalling parting of ways, top party leaders in Bihar cancelled their scheduled meetings with the press on Tuesday.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, whose `Janata Darbar` programme was scheduled today, put it off and an official communique was sent to media offices last night.
"Since Modi has to go to attend the shradh of BJP MLA Anil Kumar`s father at Nawada and a cabinet meeting late in the afternoon, the Janata Darbar programme has been cancelled," a close aide of Modi said on condition of anonymity.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey`s scheduled press conference in the afternoon was also called off.
Sources in the state BJP office said since Pandey`s flight from Goa was delayed, the programme could not be held.
Cancellation of scheduled programmes of two top BJP leaders in Bihar is being seen as efforts to avoid answering questions of mediapersons on Advani`s resignation and tough talk by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and JD(U) leaders on the future of NDA.
Sushil Kumar Modi, an architect of NDA alliance in Bihar along with Kumar, had an hour-long closed door meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Goa before the latter was anointed BJP campaign committee chief for the 2014 general elections.
Newspapers here had displayed photographs of Sushil Modi and Narendra Modi hugging each other after the anointment.
Bihar BJP President Mangal Pandey along with several ministers like Ashwani Choubey, Giriraj Singh and party national vice-president C P Thakur were present at the Goa BJP executive meet and participated in the jubilation over the anointment.
Kumar, whose apathy to Modi is well-known, had said yesterday that JD(U) would spell out its stand on continuing in NDA soon after a discussion within the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan