BJP leaders condole Giriraj Kishore`s death
New Delhi: BJP leaders on Monday condoled the death of VHP leader Giriraj Kishore, saying his life and thoughts epitomised selfless service.
"Acharya Giriraj Kishore served the society and country through RSS, Jan Sangh and VHP till his last breath. He left his job as a teacher to dedicate his life for the cause of Lord Ram. He fought against Emergency and went to jail," BJP President Amit Shah said in his condolence message.
"A symbol of sacrifice and fearlessness, he donated his body for the social cause. He will remain a source of inspiration for people," he said.
Senior BJP leader and Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu also mourned Kishore`s death.
"I have known Giriraj Kishore for a long period since my association with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP). As a veteran VHP Leader, his life and thoughts epitomised selfless service. He dedicated his life to the cause of the nation and Hindutva and as such his death is a big loss," he said.
Kishore, who had been ailing for long, died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed