BJP leaders condole Giriraj Kishore`s death
New Delhi: BJP leaders on Monday condoled the death of VHP leader Giriraj Kishore, saying his life and thoughts epitomised selfless service.
"Acharya Giriraj Kishore served the society and country through RSS, Jan Sangh and VHP till his last breath. He left his job as a teacher to dedicate his life for the cause of Lord Ram. He fought against Emergency and went to jail," BJP President Amit Shah said in his condolence message.
"A symbol of sacrifice and fearlessness, he donated his body for the social cause. He will remain a source of inspiration for people," he said.
Senior BJP leader and Parliamentary Affairs Minister M Venkaiah Naidu also mourned Kishore`s death.
"I have known Giriraj Kishore for a long period since my association with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP). As a veteran VHP Leader, his life and thoughts epitomised selfless service. He dedicated his life to the cause of the nation and Hindutva and as such his death is a big loss," he said.
Kishore, who had been ailing for long, died yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'