BJP leaders fan out to states to make `Bharat Bandh` a success
New Delhi: In an attempt to make Monday’s nation-wide strike against fuel price hike a success, BJP
Sunday decided to send its senior leaders out to various state
capitals to lead demonstrations and protest marches.
According to the decision, party president Nitin Gadkari
and Rajnath Singh will lead the protest in New Delhi.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will lead
a protest in Bhopal while Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
Arun Jaitley and vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will do so
Among other leaders, Venkaiah Naidu will be in Hyderabad,
Anant Kumar in Bangalore, Gopinath Munde in Mumbai and
Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur, Naqvi said.
He said the party leaders have been deputed to states to
ensure success of the nation-wide `bandh` called against rise
in prices and "arrogant attitude of the Central government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...