BJP leaders fan out to states to make `Bharat Bandh` a success
New Delhi: In an attempt to make Monday’s nation-wide strike against fuel price hike a success, BJP
Sunday decided to send its senior leaders out to various state
capitals to lead demonstrations and protest marches.
According to the decision, party president Nitin Gadkari
and Rajnath Singh will lead the protest in New Delhi.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will lead
a protest in Bhopal while Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
Arun Jaitley and vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will do so
Among other leaders, Venkaiah Naidu will be in Hyderabad,
Anant Kumar in Bangalore, Gopinath Munde in Mumbai and
Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur, Naqvi said.
He said the party leaders have been deputed to states to
ensure success of the nation-wide `bandh` called against rise
in prices and "arrogant attitude of the Central government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg seals deal as Lewis Hamilton crashes out in Friday Practice
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage