BJP leaders fan out to states to make `Bharat Bandh` a success
New Delhi: In an attempt to make Monday’s nation-wide strike against fuel price hike a success, BJP
Sunday decided to send its senior leaders out to various state
capitals to lead demonstrations and protest marches.
According to the decision, party president Nitin Gadkari
and Rajnath Singh will lead the protest in New Delhi.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will lead
a protest in Bhopal while Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
Arun Jaitley and vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will do so
Among other leaders, Venkaiah Naidu will be in Hyderabad,
Anant Kumar in Bangalore, Gopinath Munde in Mumbai and
Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur, Naqvi said.
He said the party leaders have been deputed to states to
ensure success of the nation-wide `bandh` called against rise
in prices and "arrogant attitude of the Central government".
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt
- When Pranab rubbed nose with Maori chief
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - As it happened...
- Investigative agencies have ability to find money trail: Jayant Sinha
- Theory that UPA blacklisted AgustaWestland 'figment of somebody's imagination', says Arun Jaitley