BJP leaders fan out to states to make `Bharat Bandh` a success
New Delhi: In an attempt to make Monday’s nation-wide strike against fuel price hike a success, BJP
Sunday decided to send its senior leaders out to various state
capitals to lead demonstrations and protest marches.
According to the decision, party president Nitin Gadkari
and Rajnath Singh will lead the protest in New Delhi.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will lead
a protest in Bhopal while Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha
Arun Jaitley and vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will do so
Among other leaders, Venkaiah Naidu will be in Hyderabad,
Anant Kumar in Bangalore, Gopinath Munde in Mumbai and
Vasundhara Raje in Jaipur, Naqvi said.
He said the party leaders have been deputed to states to
ensure success of the nation-wide `bandh` called against rise
in prices and "arrogant attitude of the Central government".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Amitabh Bachchan set to return as the 'angry man' in 'Sarkar 3'
- Has somebody blocked you on WhatsApp? Know how to unblock yourself
- Reforms to aid growth; banking sector risks remain: Moody's
- Here's why NASA calls low level of Arctic sea ice the 'new normal' – Watch!
- Watch: This rare video of young Varun Dhawan will leave you astonished!