BJP leaders meet to decide future polls strategy
New Delhi: With the victory in the Delhi civic polls coming as a shot in the arm for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the party`s top leadership met here Wednesday morning to discuss it`s strategy for future polls.
According to party sources, key BJP leaders, including the top slot, met at party president Nitin Gadkari`s residence here in the morning.
The meeting was attended by LK Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley and other key and senior leaders.
"The meeting was to decide the future path, how to go about the coming polls, and how to go about the states where we are not in power... other similar issues were taken up," a source told a news agency.
Party president Nitin Gadkari Tuesday termed the BJP`s victory in Delhi civic polls as a prelude to coming elections. He also said it reflected anti-Congress sentiment of the people.
The BJP won in 138 of the 272 wards in the three newly created municipal corporations of Delhi while the Congress secured victory in 77 wards.
The BJP, however, lost 26 seats as compared to 2007, when it won 164 seats. The Congress, however, improved its last time tally from 64 to 77 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre