BJP leaders mock Congress’ `anti-people rally’
New Delhi: While thousands of supporters converged at Congress` rally in support of FDI, the BJP took on the ruling party and questioned the means and motive of the massive rally that is being addressed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi.
BJP leader Arun Jaitley called it an ‘anti-people rally’ and commented on how Congress’ top-brass had skipped key-issues in their addresses. Jaitley said, “2G, Coal Block, their leaders facing corruption allegations...all these issues were skipped in their speeches .”
Countering a comment made by Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi at an earlier rally about how Congress had backed the then NDA-regime during the Kargil crisis, Jaitley said, “No one takes national security as seriously as we do, but we will not support corruption.”
Continuing their tirade against FDI, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shahnawaz Hussain said, "This rally will only benefit America."
Also, CNN-IBN quoted BJP leader Balbir Punj as saying that the rally at Ramlila Grounds was a government one and not of the Congress. He said, "This is a government`s rally where resources of state are misused to make it a success."
"This is just in the name of Congress. It`s on FDI. It has no public support. If people had so much of faith on FDI, people would be organising a rally on their own," he said.
The Congress rally being held in the heart of the capital, at Ramlila Maidan, is being attended by the Congress top-brass including its chief ministers, state unit chiefs, heads of block and district units, MPs, legislators and leaders of the party`s frontal organisations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'