BJP leaders reach Gujarat Bhavan to meet Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Nirmala Sitharaman, and Sushma Swaraj reached Gujarat Bhavan on Monday to meet Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi before his swearing-in as the 15th prime minister of India.
The stage is set for swearing-in of Modi at a grand function in Rashtrapati Bhawan today at 6 PM.
Leaders from SAARC countries including Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Nepal PM Sushil Koirala, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, Bhutan Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and Bangladesh Parliament Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury and Mauritius Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam will be attending the grand ceremony.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be administering the oath of office and secrecy to Modi and his council of ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users