BJP leaders reach Gujarat Bhavan to meet Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad, Nirmala Sitharaman, and Sushma Swaraj reached Gujarat Bhavan on Monday to meet Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi before his swearing-in as the 15th prime minister of India.
The stage is set for swearing-in of Modi at a grand function in Rashtrapati Bhawan today at 6 PM.
Leaders from SAARC countries including Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Nepal PM Sushil Koirala, Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa and Maldivian President Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom, Bhutan Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and Bangladesh Parliament Speaker Dr. Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury and Mauritius Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam will be attending the grand ceremony.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be administering the oath of office and secrecy to Modi and his council of ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet