BJP leaders to persuade Advani to reconsider decision to quit
New Delhi: Taken aback by LK Advani`s resignation from all party posts, BJP leaders on Tuesday said they will persuade him to reconsider it and were hopeful that he will do so.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj today said that there is no question of any resignation from Adavanji, we had rejected it yesterday.
Advani`s close associate Jaswant Singh maintained that the "worries and concerns" raised by Advani about the affairs of the party would be looked into.
"The issues he has raised are for the good of the party and the nation. I am hopeful a proper solution to these would come out. I am sure the party will be successful in dealing with these issues," Singh told reporters outside Advani`s residence.
In Nagpur, former BJP President Nitin Gadkari said the party needs the guidance of a veteran leader like Advani at this juncture. "We will pray to him to reconsider and I am confident he will take back his resignation," Gadkari said.
Party MP Uma Bharti, who met Advani and Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj separately this morning, said that she and and Swaraj had a "good conversation" but refused to answer questions on Advani`s resignation, saying she does not want to speak on that matter.
Asked whether her writing a letter to party President Rajnath Singh on not being able to attend the BJP conclave at Goa was any indication that she was upset, Bharti said she was not annoyed in any manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark