BJP looks forward to a positive outcome from Modi`s Nepal visit
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders on Sunday expressed confidence that relations between India and Nepal would improve after Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s maiden bilateral visit to the neighbouring country.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Modi`s visit to Nepal will help in boosting bilateral relations between both the countries.
"PM`s Nepal visit is important and historical as the moment has arrived after more than a decade and definitely Nepal is not only our neighbor but culturally also it`s very close to us that`s why we are hopeful that Modi`s Nepal visit will improve bilateral relations between both the countries and it will be a very successful visit," said Naqvi.
Another BJP leader Nalin Kohli added, "Both the countries have enormous potential to work even more closely on a variety of issues and I am confident that under PM Modi both the countries will be able to work and discuss issues of mutual benefit and mutual concerns among each other and find solutions that are in the interest of both countries."
Modi, who is on a two-day bilateral visit to fellow SAARC nation Nepal, has just arrived in Kathmandu.
Upon his arrival, he was received by Nepal`s Prime Minister Sushil Koirala and was also given the Guard of Honour at the Tribhuvan International Airport.
Modi is the first Indian Prime Minister to visit Nepal in 17 years, and in his departure statement he has said that he hopes to take the Indo-Nepal relationship to an entirely new level.
The PM will hold talks with his Nepalese counterpart Sushil Koirala and is also scheduled to address the country`s Constituent Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan