BJP lost bypoll as Centre did not fulfil promises: Gujarat Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday said BJP lost the Bihar bypolls and yielded two strongholds to Congress in Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh as the NDA Government at the Centre did not fulfil its promises made to people before coming to power.
"Today`s results of bypolls in Bihar and Karnataka clearly suggest that people are highly disappointed with the NDA government, who failed to fulfil their promises.
They failed on all the fronts, be it curbing inflation or tackling Pakistan," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia said said in a release here.
The BJP suffered a 4-6 defeat at the hands of the RJD-JD(U)-Congress alliance in Bihar Assembly by-elections.
"BJP`s loss in Bihar and Karnataka is the reflection of people`s anger. They acquired power by giving false promises. But, as usual, BJP turned its back on people, which reflected in the recent poll results of these two states," he said.
Criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Congress leader said, "During his election campaign, Modi used to talk about his 56-inch chest and promised to give a fitting reply to Pakistan. But, after coming to power, he changed his track completely on that issue. This shows the true conduct and culture of BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees