BJP lost bypoll as Centre did not fulfil promises: Gujarat Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday said BJP lost the Bihar bypolls and yielded two strongholds to Congress in Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh as the NDA Government at the Centre did not fulfil its promises made to people before coming to power.
"Today`s results of bypolls in Bihar and Karnataka clearly suggest that people are highly disappointed with the NDA government, who failed to fulfil their promises.
They failed on all the fronts, be it curbing inflation or tackling Pakistan," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia said said in a release here.
The BJP suffered a 4-6 defeat at the hands of the RJD-JD(U)-Congress alliance in Bihar Assembly by-elections.
"BJP`s loss in Bihar and Karnataka is the reflection of people`s anger. They acquired power by giving false promises. But, as usual, BJP turned its back on people, which reflected in the recent poll results of these two states," he said.
Criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Congress leader said, "During his election campaign, Modi used to talk about his 56-inch chest and promised to give a fitting reply to Pakistan. But, after coming to power, he changed his track completely on that issue. This shows the true conduct and culture of BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry
- Bangladeshi national held near international border in Jammu
- New 'talk therapy' cheap, effective for treating depression