‘BJP manipulating social media to show Modi PM favourite’
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday alleged that BJP is maintaining "fictitious" accounts on social media and manipulating online surveys to project that Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi has an edge over Rahul Gandhi as future prime minister.
"You know that there are a lot of fictitious accounts on social networking sites and the BJP is managing voting on such sites to show results in its favour," Singh told reporters on a query about Modi being ahead of Rahul Gandhi in opinion polls on future prime minister.
Acknowledging that social media is "emerging as a powerful medium", Singh asked his party workers in a lighter vein to open accounts on social networking sites and follow him on Twitter to read his tweets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in