‘BJP manipulating social media to show Modi PM favourite’
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday alleged that BJP is maintaining "fictitious" accounts on social media and manipulating online surveys to project that Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi has an edge over Rahul Gandhi as future prime minister.
"You know that there are a lot of fictitious accounts on social networking sites and the BJP is managing voting on such sites to show results in its favour," Singh told reporters on a query about Modi being ahead of Rahul Gandhi in opinion polls on future prime minister.
Acknowledging that social media is "emerging as a powerful medium", Singh asked his party workers in a lighter vein to open accounts on social networking sites and follow him on Twitter to read his tweets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far