BJP meet to discuss strategy against UPA regime: Naqvi
New Delhi: The first meeting of the BJP`s reconstituted national executive next month will work out strategy for an effective campaign against the UPA government in its last year in office and discuss preparations for the forthcoming Assembly Elections, party vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said here on Friday.
Naqvi said the two-day meeting in Goa starting on June 08 will discuss "strategy and effective nationwide campaign" against the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government.
He said the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) national office bearers will meet on June 07 to finalise the agenda of national executive meeting.
"The meeting will discuss political, economic issues, failure of central government on all the fronts, corruption, scams and price rise as also weak policy of government in respect of national security and foreign policy," he said.
Naqvi said the meeting will discuss the party`s preparations for the assembly polls. Four states - Delhi, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh - are due to face elections later this year.
Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh are ruled by the BJP while the party is the principal opposition party in Rajasthan and Delhi.
Jharkhand could also face elections this year. The Lok Sabha elections are due in 2014.
"In the coming days, the party will give a message to workers to be ready by giving a call `BJP Lao, Desh Bachao (bring BJP, save the nation)` and `Sushasan Sankalp, BJP Vikalp (good governance vow, BJP alternative)`," he said.
Party president Rajnath Singh had announced new national executive in March.
Naqvi said Rajnath Singh will court arrest in Delhi as part of the party`s nationwide "Jail Bharo Aandolan" from May 27 on issues of "corruption, price-rise, scams of central government which are directly affecting Aam Adami (common man)".
Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will court arrest in Madhya Pradesh, while Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley will court arrest in Chandigarh.
Naqvi, along with general secretary and Uttar Pradesh in-charge Amit Shah, and state unit chief Laxmikant Bajpayee, will court arrest in the state on May 29.
Ravishankar Prasad and CP Thakur will lead the agitation in Bihar and JP Nadda in Chhattisgarh.
Naqvi also announced names of other leaders who would lead the agitation in other parts of the country. The agitation will continue from May 27 to June 03.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22