BJP meets Bangladesh envoy over attacks on Hindus
New Delhi: A Bharatiya Janata Party delegation Wednesday met Bangladesh High Commissioner Mahbub Hassan Saleh and lodged a protest over attacks on Hindus in that country.
The delegation was led by BJP`s convenor of overseas affairs Vijay Jolly.
"He (Jolly) pointed out that the minority Hindu community in Bangladesh today lives in the shadow of fear," a statement released to the press said.
"The Hindus in Bangladesh are regular victims of communal violence. Desecration of Hindu deities in Bangladesh is reported in the media repeatedly. Hindu families are identified, targeted, threatened and forced to convert," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog