BJP members abstain from JPC meeting on 2G spectrum scam
New Delhi: BJP members in JPC on 2G spectrum scam abstained the panel proceedings on Thursday saying unless Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram are called before it the Committee will not be able to deliver a fair report.
BJP also accused JPC chairman P C Chacko of running the panel in a "dictatorial" way.
The six BJP members in the JPC had, during its last meeting on October 11, stayed away from the proceedings accusing Chacko of failing to finalise the list of witnesses and sought the inclusion of the Prime Minister and Chidambaram in it.
"...To run the JPC unlike the parliamentary tradition and in a sort of a dictatorial way, I think the JPC is not going to deliver a complete fair report. I appeal to Congress not to sabotage every inquiry into the scandals which this government is famous or infamous for," party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said "I think the JPC will achieve nothing much and therefore BJP`s demand from the beginning has been that we want the FM and the PM to come in...BJP`s position as regards the JPC remains the same. We want to call the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister because otherwise the three main people who have been involved in this matter will not be inquired into."
Earlier in July and September, BJP members had stormed out of the JPC meeting accusing Chacko of being "biased" and charged Congress members of the panel with using foul language against them.
BJP has told Chacko that it will not attend the JPC meetings till the list of witnesses is finalised and the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister are summoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks