BJP minus JD(U) is zero in Bihar: Deo
Thrissur (Kerala): BJP`s position in Bihar would be miserable and reduced to "zero" if JD(U) severs ties with NDA, Union Minister Raj V Kishore Chandra Deo said on Saturday.
As JD(U) was based in Bihar, there would not be much importance at the national level if it distanced itself from NDA, Deo told reporters at the South Asian School of Local Governance at nearby Mulamkunnathukavu.
To a query on the political impact if JD(U) comes out of NDA, the Panchayat Raj minister said "there will be a psychological impact."
The BJP minus JD(U) is zero in Bihar, he added.
Answering another query on Congress` prospects in the next general elections in the event of Federal Front becoming a reality, he said it was only "speculation" and there are miles to go for its materialisation.
Earlier, the minister attended a workshop on panchayati raj during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional