BJP MLAs removed from Delhi Assembly
New Delhi: High drama was witnessed in
the Delhi Assembly on Monday when BJP MLAs were removed from the
House after they trooped to the Well and resorted to slogan
shouting demanding roll back of withdrawal of subsidy on
cooking gas and increase in VAT on several items.
Minutes after the House assembled, Leader of
Opposition V K Malhotra raised the issue of price rise and
said several MCD councillors were injured during a protest
near the Assembly with police resorting to the use of water
cannon and demanded a special discussion on the issue.
Soon all the BJP MLAs were on their feet displaying
posters and demanded immediate withdrawal of increase in VAT
on several items and roll back of subsidy withdrawal on
As repeated appeals by Speaker Yoganand Shastri fell
on deaf ears, he adjourned the House for 15 minutes. When the
House met again after 15 minutes, all BJP MLAs trooped to the
Well and again started shouting anti-government slogans.
The Speaker tried to pacify them but the unrelenting
BJP MLAs continued the protest following which the Speaker
asked the marshals to remove senior MLAs H S Balli, Karan
Singh Tanwar, Ravindra Bansal, Subhash Sachdeva and Harsh
Vardhan from the House.
After removal of these members, the remaining BJP MLAs
continued their sloganeering after which Shastri named the BJP
MLAs one by one asking them to go out of the House and asked
the marshals to ensure that they go out of the House.
As all the MLAs left, Malhotra said he was the only
opposition legislator present and "please throw me out also".
He said he was staging a walkout protesting ouster of
the BJP MLAs.
The House functioned smoothly and no Opposition MLAs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre