BJP moves SC seeking House dissolution, early polls in J`khand
Ranchi: The BJP on Monday moved the Supreme
Court seeking immediate dissolution of the Jharkhand Assembly,
now under suspended animation, and sought directives for the
Election Commission to hold elections.
"We have moved the apex court on two counts. First, to
dissolve the assembly as there was no party or group that had
staked claim during the last eight months of President`s rule.
"Secondly, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has not kept
his assurance given to Parliament that elections would be held
in Jharkhand after the monsoon," leader of BJP`s legal cell
Anil Kumar Sinha told reporters here.
"When no party comes forward to stake claim to form the
government, there is no logic in keeping the house under
suspended animation," Sinha, also the former advocate general
of Jharkhand High Court said.
Jharkhand came under President`s rule on January 19 after
JMM president Shibu Soren quit as chief minister following his
failure to enter the state assembly, after he lost the Tamar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi