BJP moves SC seeking House dissolution, early polls in J`khand
Ranchi: The BJP on Monday moved the Supreme
Court seeking immediate dissolution of the Jharkhand Assembly,
now under suspended animation, and sought directives for the
Election Commission to hold elections.
"We have moved the apex court on two counts. First, to
dissolve the assembly as there was no party or group that had
staked claim during the last eight months of President`s rule.
"Secondly, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram has not kept
his assurance given to Parliament that elections would be held
in Jharkhand after the monsoon," leader of BJP`s legal cell
Anil Kumar Sinha told reporters here.
"When no party comes forward to stake claim to form the
government, there is no logic in keeping the house under
suspended animation," Sinha, also the former advocate general
of Jharkhand High Court said.
Jharkhand came under President`s rule on January 19 after
JMM president Shibu Soren quit as chief minister following his
failure to enter the state assembly, after he lost the Tamar
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference