BJP MP facing threat to life from Maoists
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Friday witnessed a flutter over reports that BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy was facing a threat to his life from Maoists.
Members from different parties including Congress demanded
adequate security for Rudy.
Raising the issue in a special mention, SS Ahluwalia
(BJP) said a map of Rudy`s house in Vasantpur village in
Chapra district of Bihar was recovered from an arrested `Area
Commander` of CPI-Maoist, who wanted to blow the MP`s house.
Terming it "an attempt to stifle" the voice of those
taking a stand against Maoists, Ahluwalia demanded that Rudy`s
house should be provided adequate security.
PJ Kurien (Congress) joined the issue saying the entire
House associates with the concern as the issue was above party
Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said Rudy has written a
letter to the Chairman in this regard. "This will be sent to
the Home Ministry...this is a serious issue," he said.
Najma Heptulla (BJP) said this is a privilege matter, a
contention with which the Chair did not agree.
Rudy said the issue did not merely relate to his personal
security. It is a matter of concern that every MP who takes a
stand against the Maoists would be targetted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- India, Pakistan must decide scope of dialogue on Kashmir issue: United States
- Make your monsoon more enjoyable with these healthy tips!
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier