BJP MP facing threat to life from Maoists
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Friday witnessed a flutter over reports that BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy was facing a threat to his life from Maoists.
Members from different parties including Congress demanded
adequate security for Rudy.
Raising the issue in a special mention, SS Ahluwalia
(BJP) said a map of Rudy`s house in Vasantpur village in
Chapra district of Bihar was recovered from an arrested `Area
Commander` of CPI-Maoist, who wanted to blow the MP`s house.
Terming it "an attempt to stifle" the voice of those
taking a stand against Maoists, Ahluwalia demanded that Rudy`s
house should be provided adequate security.
PJ Kurien (Congress) joined the issue saying the entire
House associates with the concern as the issue was above party
Deputy Chairman K Rahman Khan said Rudy has written a
letter to the Chairman in this regard. "This will be sent to
the Home Ministry...this is a serious issue," he said.
Najma Heptulla (BJP) said this is a privilege matter, a
contention with which the Chair did not agree.
Rudy said the issue did not merely relate to his personal
security. It is a matter of concern that every MP who takes a
stand against the Maoists would be targetted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you