BJP MP meets Norway envoy on separate kids issue
New Delhi: A BJP MP, who met Norway`s
Ambassador to India Ann Ollestad on Monday to convey the anguish
of parents of two Indian kids kept away from them, was
surprised when the envoy brought up the case of cancellation
of 2G licence of a Norwegian company by the Supreme Court.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Tarun Vijay, accompanied by his wife
Vandana, today called on Ollestad to demand that the two kids
be released immediately.
Vijay said the Ambassador told them that the details of
the case are confidential and cannot be disclosed but Norway
government respects the cultural differences and is taking
care of the kids.
When the envoy insisted that the welfare of the kids is
at the centre, Vijay maintained keeping the children away from
their mother cannot be in their interest.
Vijay told the Ambassador that it is shocking that such
an incident is happening in Norway, considered a democratic,
humane and pluralistic western country.
"I told her that this is making a bad impact on India-
Norway relations. At this, the Ambassador strangely brought up
the issue of their 3.5 billion dollar investment in India`s
telecom sector which was struck down by the Supreme Court
recently," Vijay said.
Vijay`s wife then intervened and said investment in
human relations should be a priority matter for Norway, rather
than worrying for dollars.
The BJP leader conveyed to the Norwegian envoy that its
refusal to return the kids to their parents is affecting
bilateral relations badly. "We want our kids back home soon
with their natural parents and their visa, which is expiring
soon, should also be extended," Vijay told the envoy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional