BJP MP returns Diwali gift to Vijay Mallya
New Delhi: Liquor baron Vijay Mallya
faced an awkward situation today when a BJP MP returned a
bottle of alcohol that was given to him as a Diwali gift by
the former Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament.
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Prabhat Jha also wrote a letter to
Mallya which says that though this gift may have been sent
to him with affection, it had no place in his life.
The letter also pulls up Mallya for not keeping in
mind the norms of "Parliament, Parliamentarians, and the
"I was surprised as by sending such gifts to Indian
Parliamentarians, even without having any acquaintance with
them, we are perhaps making fun of the MPs or treating them as
worthy of a bottle," Jha said.
"I have returned your bottle as I don`t want to feel
belittled in my own house. In my home there is still respect
for tradition and culture. Liquor is even today a problem and
not a solution for the country," he said.
Jha even asked Mallya what legal action should be
taken against him for distributing liquor.
"Delhi government has imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on
those drinking in public, but what punishment should be given
to you for publicly distributing alcohol?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone