BJP MPs might ditch Narendra Modi after Lok Sabha polls: UP minister
Lucknow: Claiming that Narendra Modi is "part of a bigger conspiracy" within his party, an Uttar Pradesh minister on Wednesday said a situation might arise after the Lok Sabha elections when BJP MPs would desert him and rally behind LK Advani for the post of prime minister.
"Modi will never be able to become Prime Minister as his own party men will not let him... And will deceit him. Modi is riding high on fake publicity but if situation arises BJP leaders will corner him and unite in the name of Advani," UP Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"Modi is part of a bigger conspiracy and he is not aware of it... By the time he understand things, it would be too late," he claimed.
Citing examples of BJP leaders Uma Bharti and Vinay Katiyar, Prajapati said these leaders also rose in the name of "Rashtravad" (nationalism) and the Ram Temple issue but were later "dumped" and "their present situation in the party is known to all".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'