BJP MPs might ditch Narendra Modi after Lok Sabha polls: UP minister
Lucknow: Claiming that Narendra Modi is "part of a bigger conspiracy" within his party, an Uttar Pradesh minister on Wednesday said a situation might arise after the Lok Sabha elections when BJP MPs would desert him and rally behind LK Advani for the post of prime minister.
"Modi will never be able to become Prime Minister as his own party men will not let him... And will deceit him. Modi is riding high on fake publicity but if situation arises BJP leaders will corner him and unite in the name of Advani," UP Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"Modi is part of a bigger conspiracy and he is not aware of it... By the time he understand things, it would be too late," he claimed.
Citing examples of BJP leaders Uma Bharti and Vinay Katiyar, Prajapati said these leaders also rose in the name of "Rashtravad" (nationalism) and the Ram Temple issue but were later "dumped" and "their present situation in the party is known to all".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says