BJP MPs might ditch Narendra Modi after Lok Sabha polls: UP minister
Lucknow: Claiming that Narendra Modi is "part of a bigger conspiracy" within his party, an Uttar Pradesh minister on Wednesday said a situation might arise after the Lok Sabha elections when BJP MPs would desert him and rally behind LK Advani for the post of prime minister.
"Modi will never be able to become Prime Minister as his own party men will not let him... And will deceit him. Modi is riding high on fake publicity but if situation arises BJP leaders will corner him and unite in the name of Advani," UP Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"Modi is part of a bigger conspiracy and he is not aware of it... By the time he understand things, it would be too late," he claimed.
Citing examples of BJP leaders Uma Bharti and Vinay Katiyar, Prajapati said these leaders also rose in the name of "Rashtravad" (nationalism) and the Ram Temple issue but were later "dumped" and "their present situation in the party is known to all".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'