BJP MPs might ditch Narendra Modi after Lok Sabha polls: UP minister
Lucknow: Claiming that Narendra Modi is "part of a bigger conspiracy" within his party, an Uttar Pradesh minister on Wednesday said a situation might arise after the Lok Sabha elections when BJP MPs would desert him and rally behind LK Advani for the post of prime minister.
"Modi will never be able to become Prime Minister as his own party men will not let him... And will deceit him. Modi is riding high on fake publicity but if situation arises BJP leaders will corner him and unite in the name of Advani," UP Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati told reporters here.
"Modi is part of a bigger conspiracy and he is not aware of it... By the time he understand things, it would be too late," he claimed.
Citing examples of BJP leaders Uma Bharti and Vinay Katiyar, Prajapati said these leaders also rose in the name of "Rashtravad" (nationalism) and the Ram Temple issue but were later "dumped" and "their present situation in the party is known to all".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city