BJP MPs should support Anna Hazare: Maneka
Bareilly (UP): Supporting Anna Hazare`s
campaign against corruption, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Friday said
all party MPs should come out in support of the Gandhian as
"he is not a person but a thought".
"In my view all the BJP MPs should support Anna Hazare as
he is a thought not a person," Maneka said during her visit to
flood affected areas.
She said that at a time when corruption is at its peak
in politics, everyone should support the cause espoused by
Alleging that Congress did not want to get the Jan Lokpal
Bill passed, Maneka said that Congressmen had spread rumours
that BJP was behind Anna`s agitation.
However, she declined to comment when asked about Rahul
Gandhi`s speech in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes