BJP mulling over giving Raje`s resignation to assembly Speaker
New Delhi: Having failed to choose
Vasundhara Raje`s successor as the Leader of Opposition in
Rajasthan assembly, BJP is now mulling over handing her
resignation -- given to the party -- to the assembly Speaker.
Raje gave her resignation to her party on October 23,
nearly three months after BJP president Rajnath Singh asked
her to own up moral responsibility for the party`s poor
performance in the assembly and Lok Sabha polls and step down.
But even after putting in her papers, she has succeeded
in stalling the process of choosing her successor, whom Raje
wants from her camp. She is said to be opposed to the
candidature of RSS favourite Babubhai Kataria for the post.
Apprehensive that Raje may be buying time till the new
party president takes over, the Rajnath Singh camp is now
mulling over handing her resignation to the Rajasthan assembly
Speaker and inform him that a new leader would be chosen by
BJP as Leader of Opposition.
Another course of action could be discussing the matter
in the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting and choosing her
successor, who would then be appointed in Jaipur in the
presence of a Central Observer.
After Raje was forced to quit, she handed over her
resignation to senior party leader L K Advani and not Rajnath.
Later, she convened a meeting of her party MLAs but only
21 of the 78 legislators turned up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"