BJP mulling over giving Raje`s resignation to assembly Speaker
New Delhi: Having failed to choose
Vasundhara Raje`s successor as the Leader of Opposition in
Rajasthan assembly, BJP is now mulling over handing her
resignation -- given to the party -- to the assembly Speaker.
Raje gave her resignation to her party on October 23,
nearly three months after BJP president Rajnath Singh asked
her to own up moral responsibility for the party`s poor
performance in the assembly and Lok Sabha polls and step down.
But even after putting in her papers, she has succeeded
in stalling the process of choosing her successor, whom Raje
wants from her camp. She is said to be opposed to the
candidature of RSS favourite Babubhai Kataria for the post.
Apprehensive that Raje may be buying time till the new
party president takes over, the Rajnath Singh camp is now
mulling over handing her resignation to the Rajasthan assembly
Speaker and inform him that a new leader would be chosen by
BJP as Leader of Opposition.
Another course of action could be discussing the matter
in the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting and choosing her
successor, who would then be appointed in Jaipur in the
presence of a Central Observer.
After Raje was forced to quit, she handed over her
resignation to senior party leader L K Advani and not Rajnath.
Later, she convened a meeting of her party MLAs but only
21 of the 78 legislators turned up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video