BJP National Council likely to meet on August 09 to ratify Amit Shah as party chief
New Delhi: BJP`s National Council is likely to meet here on August 9 to ratify the appointment of Amit Shah as the party president.
Shah had taken over as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post, soon after his joining the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Though BJP`s parliamentary board, the highest decision- making forum of the party, approved the appointment of Shah, the move has to be ratified by the party`s National Council, as per the party`s constitution.
Sources say the party`s senior leaders will be meeting tomorrow in Delhi to finalise the location and the date for holding the National Council meet.
Sources also said since parliament session is on, the National Council meet is likely to be held in Delhi.
Amit Shah, who scripted BJP`s stunning victory in key Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha elections, was rewarded with the party chief`s post.
50-year-old Shah, the closest aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was unanimously appointed to the top party post in BJP at a meeting of its parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends