BJP National Council likely to meet on August 09 to ratify Amit Shah as party chief
New Delhi: BJP`s National Council is likely to meet here on August 9 to ratify the appointment of Amit Shah as the party president.
Shah had taken over as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post, soon after his joining the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Though BJP`s parliamentary board, the highest decision- making forum of the party, approved the appointment of Shah, the move has to be ratified by the party`s National Council, as per the party`s constitution.
Sources say the party`s senior leaders will be meeting tomorrow in Delhi to finalise the location and the date for holding the National Council meet.
Sources also said since parliament session is on, the National Council meet is likely to be held in Delhi.
Amit Shah, who scripted BJP`s stunning victory in key Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha elections, was rewarded with the party chief`s post.
50-year-old Shah, the closest aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was unanimously appointed to the top party post in BJP at a meeting of its parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want to send your own experiments into space? This tiny satellite will help you!- Watch
- Euro 2016: Poland beat Switzerland in a nail-biting penalty shoot out
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic