BJP National Council likely to meet on August 09 to ratify Amit Shah as party chief
New Delhi: BJP`s National Council is likely to meet here on August 9 to ratify the appointment of Amit Shah as the party president.
Shah had taken over as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post, soon after his joining the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Though BJP`s parliamentary board, the highest decision- making forum of the party, approved the appointment of Shah, the move has to be ratified by the party`s National Council, as per the party`s constitution.
Sources say the party`s senior leaders will be meeting tomorrow in Delhi to finalise the location and the date for holding the National Council meet.
Sources also said since parliament session is on, the National Council meet is likely to be held in Delhi.
Amit Shah, who scripted BJP`s stunning victory in key Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha elections, was rewarded with the party chief`s post.
50-year-old Shah, the closest aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was unanimously appointed to the top party post in BJP at a meeting of its parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP