BJP National Council likely to meet on August 09 to ratify Amit Shah as party chief
New Delhi: BJP`s National Council is likely to meet here on August 9 to ratify the appointment of Amit Shah as the party president.
Shah had taken over as BJP chief on July 9 after Rajnath Singh resigned from the post, soon after his joining the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Though BJP`s parliamentary board, the highest decision- making forum of the party, approved the appointment of Shah, the move has to be ratified by the party`s National Council, as per the party`s constitution.
Sources say the party`s senior leaders will be meeting tomorrow in Delhi to finalise the location and the date for holding the National Council meet.
Sources also said since parliament session is on, the National Council meet is likely to be held in Delhi.
Amit Shah, who scripted BJP`s stunning victory in key Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha elections, was rewarded with the party chief`s post.
50-year-old Shah, the closest aide of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was unanimously appointed to the top party post in BJP at a meeting of its parliamentary board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery