BJP needs to reinvent itself: RSS mouthpiece
New Delhi: Time has come for the BJP to "re-invent" itself, says an article in RSS mouthpiece Organiser while expressing concern over "clash of personalities" in the party.
"(It is) Time for all parties to re-invent themselves...Time has also come for the BJP to re-invent itself," senior journalist MV Kamath says in the article.
"To be taken seriously, a party must have a clear vision, a specific ideology by which one stands or falls. And just as importantly it must be seen as a united organisation that speaks in one voice.
"Can anyone say that of today`s BJP? What has been painfully evident is a clash of personalities and a conflict of interests that have caused distress among BJP supporters," Kamath said.
He noted that this situation has to be quickly addressed.
Finding fault with BJP`s initial move asking APJ Abdul Kalam to contest Presidenital elections this time, Kamath said, "To ask him to stand for election again, especially when chances were he would be effectively defeated was a thoughtless way of undoing his well-earned reputation. The BJP should have understood it. Happily Kalam saved himself from this folly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert