BJP needs to reinvent itself: RSS mouthpiece
New Delhi: Time has come for the BJP to "re-invent" itself, says an article in RSS mouthpiece Organiser while expressing concern over "clash of personalities" in the party.
"(It is) Time for all parties to re-invent themselves...Time has also come for the BJP to re-invent itself," senior journalist MV Kamath says in the article.
"To be taken seriously, a party must have a clear vision, a specific ideology by which one stands or falls. And just as importantly it must be seen as a united organisation that speaks in one voice.
"Can anyone say that of today`s BJP? What has been painfully evident is a clash of personalities and a conflict of interests that have caused distress among BJP supporters," Kamath said.
He noted that this situation has to be quickly addressed.
Finding fault with BJP`s initial move asking APJ Abdul Kalam to contest Presidenital elections this time, Kamath said, "To ask him to stand for election again, especially when chances were he would be effectively defeated was a thoughtless way of undoing his well-earned reputation. The BJP should have understood it. Happily Kalam saved himself from this folly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cricketer Dwayne Bravo to sing peppy number in Bollywood for 'Tum Bin 2'
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat