BJP needs to reinvent itself: RSS mouthpiece
New Delhi: Time has come for the BJP to "re-invent" itself, says an article in RSS mouthpiece Organiser while expressing concern over "clash of personalities" in the party.
"(It is) Time for all parties to re-invent themselves...Time has also come for the BJP to re-invent itself," senior journalist MV Kamath says in the article.
"To be taken seriously, a party must have a clear vision, a specific ideology by which one stands or falls. And just as importantly it must be seen as a united organisation that speaks in one voice.
"Can anyone say that of today`s BJP? What has been painfully evident is a clash of personalities and a conflict of interests that have caused distress among BJP supporters," Kamath said.
He noted that this situation has to be quickly addressed.
Finding fault with BJP`s initial move asking APJ Abdul Kalam to contest Presidenital elections this time, Kamath said, "To ask him to stand for election again, especially when chances were he would be effectively defeated was a thoughtless way of undoing his well-earned reputation. The BJP should have understood it. Happily Kalam saved himself from this folly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick