BJP needs to reinvent itself: RSS mouthpiece
New Delhi: Time has come for the BJP to "re-invent" itself, says an article in RSS mouthpiece Organiser while expressing concern over "clash of personalities" in the party.
"(It is) Time for all parties to re-invent themselves...Time has also come for the BJP to re-invent itself," senior journalist MV Kamath says in the article.
"To be taken seriously, a party must have a clear vision, a specific ideology by which one stands or falls. And just as importantly it must be seen as a united organisation that speaks in one voice.
"Can anyone say that of today`s BJP? What has been painfully evident is a clash of personalities and a conflict of interests that have caused distress among BJP supporters," Kamath said.
He noted that this situation has to be quickly addressed.
Finding fault with BJP`s initial move asking APJ Abdul Kalam to contest Presidenital elections this time, Kamath said, "To ask him to stand for election again, especially when chances were he would be effectively defeated was a thoughtless way of undoing his well-earned reputation. The BJP should have understood it. Happily Kalam saved himself from this folly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price