BJP nominee to be NDA candidate for PM`s post: Subramanian Swamy
Mumbai: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said a BJP nominee will be the National Democratic Alliance`s candidate for the Prime Ministerial post.
"Six out of the seven NDA allies have no aversion if the candidate does not meet the secular standards of Janata Dal (United)," Swamy said in response to questions after addressing the Global Patriotic Tweeples` Conference.
Swamy also said the leadership issue can be discussed and decided at the NDA meeting, but added that it is not necessary to have such a meeting at this stage.
Earlier, addressing the conference, Swamy said the UPA was on its way out and if the NDA plays its cards well, it will definitely form the next government.
An NDA ally, the Janata Party leader criticised the UPA for proposing to bring the Prevention of Communal Violence Bill.
"Let them act foolishly and bring it in this budget session itself. I will move the court because the provisions are shocking...," he said.
In his speech, Swamy said India was on the verge of a new revolution based on social media. He asked the delegates to participate as "soldiers" in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections by working at the booth level and ensuring people in their localities come out and vote.
"Vested interests have no answer to the social media because they cannot control it and if they do they will not succeed," he said.
Criticising the economic policies of the UPA government, Swamy said it will be difficult to get out of it unless a bold outlook was adopted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!