BJP nominee to be NDA candidate for PM`s post: Subramanian Swamy
Mumbai: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Sunday said a BJP nominee will be the National Democratic Alliance`s candidate for the Prime Ministerial post.
"Six out of the seven NDA allies have no aversion if the candidate does not meet the secular standards of Janata Dal (United)," Swamy said in response to questions after addressing the Global Patriotic Tweeples` Conference.
Swamy also said the leadership issue can be discussed and decided at the NDA meeting, but added that it is not necessary to have such a meeting at this stage.
Earlier, addressing the conference, Swamy said the UPA was on its way out and if the NDA plays its cards well, it will definitely form the next government.
An NDA ally, the Janata Party leader criticised the UPA for proposing to bring the Prevention of Communal Violence Bill.
"Let them act foolishly and bring it in this budget session itself. I will move the court because the provisions are shocking...," he said.
In his speech, Swamy said India was on the verge of a new revolution based on social media. He asked the delegates to participate as "soldiers" in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections by working at the booth level and ensuring people in their localities come out and vote.
"Vested interests have no answer to the social media because they cannot control it and if they do they will not succeed," he said.
Criticising the economic policies of the UPA government, Swamy said it will be difficult to get out of it unless a bold outlook was adopted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!