BJP not allowing Parliament to work: Jaiswal
Sambhal: Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal has alleged that BJP and other opposition parties were not allowing Parliament to proceed on the issue of FDI even though the government was ready for a debate.
Talking to the reporters here Jaiswal, who came to attend the concluding ceremony of Kalki mahotsava last night, said, the government was ready for a debate under section 184 but the BJP and other opposition parties were stalling Parliament.
He alleged that BJP was unnecessarily protesting in the name of FDI and coal block allotment, even when the states have been given a free hand whether they implement FDI or not.
Jaiswal said, he wanted to question those opposing FDI whether any debate was conducted on such issue under the rule during NDA regime.
"If it`s not bullying then what it is," he said.
The minister alleged that BJP`s statement on 2G issue was laughable and smells of conspiracy.
He said that whether its 2G or coal block allotment, CAG report was not completely correct and he alleged, a conspiracy to defame the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!