BJP not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer
New Delhi: BJP today said it is not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme and that there was nothing new in the announcement for which Congress is taking "political mileage".
It also said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
"There is nothing new in this method. Many state governments give scholarships and pensions to the bank accounts of the people directly. Moreover, the central government is not giving any additional subsidy through this scheme," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The principal opposition maintained, "While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing."
Javadekar said, "We are not opposed to the scheme but it should be implemented in a secure manner as many poor people do not have bank accounts. The money should reach the right people. There are many challenges in its implementation."
The government had announced the Aadhar-based cash transfer for around 29 schemes including pensions, scholarships and grants for minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what