BJP not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer
New Delhi: BJP today said it is not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme and that there was nothing new in the announcement for which Congress is taking "political mileage".
It also said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
"There is nothing new in this method. Many state governments give scholarships and pensions to the bank accounts of the people directly. Moreover, the central government is not giving any additional subsidy through this scheme," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The principal opposition maintained, "While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing."
Javadekar said, "We are not opposed to the scheme but it should be implemented in a secure manner as many poor people do not have bank accounts. The money should reach the right people. There are many challenges in its implementation."
The government had announced the Aadhar-based cash transfer for around 29 schemes including pensions, scholarships and grants for minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!