BJP not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer
New Delhi: BJP today said it is not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme and that there was nothing new in the announcement for which Congress is taking "political mileage".
It also said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
"There is nothing new in this method. Many state governments give scholarships and pensions to the bank accounts of the people directly. Moreover, the central government is not giving any additional subsidy through this scheme," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The principal opposition maintained, "While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing."
Javadekar said, "We are not opposed to the scheme but it should be implemented in a secure manner as many poor people do not have bank accounts. The money should reach the right people. There are many challenges in its implementation."
The government had announced the Aadhar-based cash transfer for around 29 schemes including pensions, scholarships and grants for minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price