BJP not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer
New Delhi: BJP today said it is not opposed to Aadhar-based cash transfer scheme and that there was nothing new in the announcement for which Congress is taking "political mileage".
It also said its state governments have been implementing similar schemes for years.
"There is nothing new in this method. Many state governments give scholarships and pensions to the bank accounts of the people directly. Moreover, the central government is not giving any additional subsidy through this scheme," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
The principal opposition maintained, "While people are reeling under inflation, Congress is only making efforts to take political mileage for nothing."
Javadekar said, "We are not opposed to the scheme but it should be implemented in a secure manner as many poor people do not have bank accounts. The money should reach the right people. There are many challenges in its implementation."
The government had announced the Aadhar-based cash transfer for around 29 schemes including pensions, scholarships and grants for minorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand