BJP objects to CBI chief`s clean chit to Bansal
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday expressed unhappiness over the probe agency chief Ranjit Sinha`s remarks that there is no evidence against former Railway Minister PK Bansal in the bribery case.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Thursday broke into a song to express his party sentiments over the state of CBI. Reminiscing an old song, he said CBI is like a bird in a cage which wants to be freed.
Hussain lamented the recent statements of CBI Director Sinha show that he is not keen that the agency work in a free and fair manner.
"BJP wants that CBI should be free and independent but it has given a clean chit to Bansal even before conducting its probe or interrogating him. It should not give a clean chit just because he is a Congress leader," Hussain said.
The party recalled the Supreme Court has observed that CBI has become a caged parrot.
"BJP has objected most vocally to the government not making CBI free of government control. Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley had even submitted a note on the issue in Parliament," he said.
He was referring to the recommendations made by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Lokpal Bill in which recommendations were made for making CBI free of government control.
Voicing disappointment with the CBI Director, BJP said it expects the government to bring the requisite changes after forming a Group of Ministers to look into the issue of insulating the investigating agency from government control and giving it autonomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow