BJP objects to Malik`s presence at pro-Tamil Eelam meeting
Chennai: BJP on Monday objected to the presence of JKLF president Yasin Malik at a pro-Tamil Eeelam meeting by the Naam Tamizhar Katchi at Cuddalore here on Saturday.
"Political leaders were banned from visiting even the violence-hit areas of Dharmapuri and Marakkanam. But allowing a separatist like Malik into Tamil Nadu is dangerous and the state government should understand this," party`s state unit president Pon. Radhakrishnan said in a statement.
He said the issues of Jammu and Kashmir and Sri Lankan Tamils were completely different as Government of India had accorded special staus for the state while ethnic minorities in the island republic were struggling and seeking India`s help to retrieve their lost rights.
On Saturday, the public meeting was banned by police after the organisers put up banners carrying pictures of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran. The leaders later held a meetig indoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam