BJP objects to Malik`s presence at pro-Tamil Eelam meeting
Chennai: BJP on Monday objected to the presence of JKLF president Yasin Malik at a pro-Tamil Eeelam meeting by the Naam Tamizhar Katchi at Cuddalore here on Saturday.
"Political leaders were banned from visiting even the violence-hit areas of Dharmapuri and Marakkanam. But allowing a separatist like Malik into Tamil Nadu is dangerous and the state government should understand this," party`s state unit president Pon. Radhakrishnan said in a statement.
He said the issues of Jammu and Kashmir and Sri Lankan Tamils were completely different as Government of India had accorded special staus for the state while ethnic minorities in the island republic were struggling and seeking India`s help to retrieve their lost rights.
On Saturday, the public meeting was banned by police after the organisers put up banners carrying pictures of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran. The leaders later held a meetig indoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price