BJP objects to Malik`s presence at pro-Tamil Eelam meeting
Chennai: BJP on Monday objected to the presence of JKLF president Yasin Malik at a pro-Tamil Eeelam meeting by the Naam Tamizhar Katchi at Cuddalore here on Saturday.
"Political leaders were banned from visiting even the violence-hit areas of Dharmapuri and Marakkanam. But allowing a separatist like Malik into Tamil Nadu is dangerous and the state government should understand this," party`s state unit president Pon. Radhakrishnan said in a statement.
He said the issues of Jammu and Kashmir and Sri Lankan Tamils were completely different as Government of India had accorded special staus for the state while ethnic minorities in the island republic were struggling and seeking India`s help to retrieve their lost rights.
On Saturday, the public meeting was banned by police after the organisers put up banners carrying pictures of slain LTTE chief V Prabhakaran. The leaders later held a meetig indoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH