BJP parliamentary board meets to discuss agenda for National Executive
New Delhi: BJP Parliamentary Board on Friday discussed the agenda for the forthcoming National Executive and Council Meeting here in which the party will inform its 10,000 office-bearers across the country on the strategy to be adopted to bring the party to power in the Lok Sabha polls.
The panel decided that BJP will pass two resolutions during its Executive and Council meeting to be held in the national capital from January 17 to 19.
The campaign roadmap and brainstorming on ways of reaching out to the people to propagate the slogan of "Modi for PM" will also take place in the conclave.
BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi did not attend the meeting as he had left the capital yesterday after attending the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas meeting.
"This conclave will be BJP`s biggest before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. More than 10,000 office-bearers from block and district level up belonging to all parts of the country will participate in it," party general secretary Ananth Kumar told reporters after the meeting.
The conclave will pass a political resolution which will dwell on issues like corruption, scams, malgovernance and the internal security situation in the Congress-led UPA government.
The second resolution will be on the state of the economy, including price rise, decrease in foreign investment and financial woes of the middle class and the poor.
BJP will also discuss the run-up to the polls with rallies, meetings in Parliamentary constituencies, offline and online campaign, including "Modi for PM," and collection of funds.
"The party has taken up the challenge of 272+ seats under Modi`s leadership. Congress has already been squeezed out of the race. We have to get a full majority in this scenario," Kumar said.
He denied that Aam Aadmi Party posed a threat to BJP`s prospects and said the main aim was to form "a stable government under an able leader". BJP will also look at ways to expand the NDA, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown