`BJP politicising coal blocs issue for fear of own exposure`
Chandigarh: Congress was not sidetracking the coal blocs allotment issue and the BJP was politicising it for fear of its own exposure, Union Minister of State for Communications and IT, Sachin Pilot, alleged on Sunday.
"They want to politicise the CAG report, which is why they stalled the Parliament, the only place where things could have been discussed and it would have blown the lid and exposed the BJP," Pilot claimed at a press conference here.
Launching a scathing attack on the BJP for allegedly misguiding the nation on the issue, he also accused the Opposition party of disrupting Parliament proceedings as it feared that they will have to answer on letters written to the Centre by BJP and other non-Congress Chief Ministers strongly opposing any changeover to auction of the coal mines.
At the meeting, attended by Congress General Secretary BK Hari Prasad as well, he said, "They (BJP leaders) sit in TV (news channel) studios and give lectures, but when it comes to discussing the issue in the Parliament, they run away and don`t allow it to function.
"It is they who are sidetracking the issue, we have nothing to hide and we are prepared to discuss and make the people aware about the truth," Pilot said.
Instead of demanding Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s resignation, the BJP should ask its chief ministers to quit for leasing out the coal blocs in question, he said.
If Parliament is stalled time and again, it will send out a wrong message to the rest of the world, he also said.
"We are putting India`s economic and GDP growth under a question mark. Investments will not come if there is political uncertainty inside the Parliament," the Congress leader said.
The Inter-Ministerial Group on coal blocs allocation will submit its report to the Coal Ministry by September 15, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users