BJP predicts early elections due to govt`s ‘incompetence’
Rampur (UP): BJP on Tuesday criticised the central government for its alleged failure to tackle drought and price-rise, and said this "failure" would lead to early Lok Sabha elections.
"The present government shall be compelled to dissolve the House due to establishment`s complete failure to handle drought and price rise," the party`s national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in a statement today.
The BJP leader said the "country is heading towards unprecedentedly dangerous droughts in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, MP, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, AP, Maharashtra and Odisha."
He pointed out the scarcity of irrigation facilities besides less rainfall, and claimed that "80 per cent states have been under the grip of severest drought".
BJP would organise a huge farmers rally and dharna on August 20 to protest against price rise, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory