BJP predicts early elections due to govt`s ‘incompetence’
Rampur (UP): BJP on Tuesday criticised the central government for its alleged failure to tackle drought and price-rise, and said this "failure" would lead to early Lok Sabha elections.
"The present government shall be compelled to dissolve the House due to establishment`s complete failure to handle drought and price rise," the party`s national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in a statement today.
The BJP leader said the "country is heading towards unprecedentedly dangerous droughts in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, MP, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, AP, Maharashtra and Odisha."
He pointed out the scarcity of irrigation facilities besides less rainfall, and claimed that "80 per cent states have been under the grip of severest drought".
BJP would organise a huge farmers rally and dharna on August 20 to protest against price rise, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming