BJP predicts early elections due to govt`s ‘incompetence’
Rampur (UP): BJP on Tuesday criticised the central government for its alleged failure to tackle drought and price-rise, and said this "failure" would lead to early Lok Sabha elections.
"The present government shall be compelled to dissolve the House due to establishment`s complete failure to handle drought and price rise," the party`s national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in a statement today.
The BJP leader said the "country is heading towards unprecedentedly dangerous droughts in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, MP, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, AP, Maharashtra and Odisha."
He pointed out the scarcity of irrigation facilities besides less rainfall, and claimed that "80 per cent states have been under the grip of severest drought".
BJP would organise a huge farmers rally and dharna on August 20 to protest against price rise, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'