BJP predicts early elections due to govt`s ‘incompetence’
Rampur (UP): BJP on Tuesday criticised the central government for its alleged failure to tackle drought and price-rise, and said this "failure" would lead to early Lok Sabha elections.
"The present government shall be compelled to dissolve the House due to establishment`s complete failure to handle drought and price rise," the party`s national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in a statement today.
The BJP leader said the "country is heading towards unprecedentedly dangerous droughts in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, MP, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, AP, Maharashtra and Odisha."
He pointed out the scarcity of irrigation facilities besides less rainfall, and claimed that "80 per cent states have been under the grip of severest drought".
BJP would organise a huge farmers rally and dharna on August 20 to protest against price rise, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'