BJP predicts early elections due to govt`s ‘incompetence’
Rampur (UP): BJP on Tuesday criticised the central government for its alleged failure to tackle drought and price-rise, and said this "failure" would lead to early Lok Sabha elections.
"The present government shall be compelled to dissolve the House due to establishment`s complete failure to handle drought and price rise," the party`s national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said in a statement today.
The BJP leader said the "country is heading towards unprecedentedly dangerous droughts in UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar, MP, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, AP, Maharashtra and Odisha."
He pointed out the scarcity of irrigation facilities besides less rainfall, and claimed that "80 per cent states have been under the grip of severest drought".
BJP would organise a huge farmers rally and dharna on August 20 to protest against price rise, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer
- IMF flags decelerating pace of reforms in India; lists six areas for further reforms
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!
- Are you daring enough to visit THIS spooky 'Island of the Dolls'?