BJP president Gadkari undergoes surgery
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari
on Tuesday underwent a gastric bypass surgery for treatment of Type
II diabetes at Saifi Hospital in Mumbai.
Gadkari (54) is a known diabetic and had poor control
of his sugar levels with early diabetic nephropathy despite
currently available medical management, according to Mufazzal
Lakdawala, surgeon at the Saifi Hospital, who conducted the
His sugar levels were not under control for quite
some time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition