BJP president Gadkari undergoes surgery
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari
on Tuesday underwent a gastric bypass surgery for treatment of Type
II diabetes at Saifi Hospital in Mumbai.
Gadkari (54) is a known diabetic and had poor control
of his sugar levels with early diabetic nephropathy despite
currently available medical management, according to Mufazzal
Lakdawala, surgeon at the Saifi Hospital, who conducted the
His sugar levels were not under control for quite
some time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis