BJP promises full statehood for Delhi if it comes to power
Goa: BJP on Sunday supported full statehood for Delhi in the political resolution accepted by the party at its two-day national executive meetig in Goa.
Delhi BJP President Vijay Goel rued that the statehood demand has not been met till now.
Criticising the Sheila Dikshit government for failing to make adequate efforts in this direction, he said, "Delhi`s growth is restricted in absence of full statehood and Congress has done nothing during the last 14 years on this issue.
"The Congress government led by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit did not make any effort to get full statehood for Delhi," he said.
Goel said that the BJP-led NDA government at the centre had brought a bill in Parliament in 2003 to grant Delhi full statehood, "but Dikshit opposed it".
He said that after coming to power, the party will ensure full statehood for Delhi.
"Full statehood to Delhi would bring greater accountability, more resources and less confusion over administrative issues. Unfortunately, the Congress government in Delhi has deliberately ignored this basic need of the city," Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog