BJP promises Telangana if it takes power
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday promised to form a separate state of Telangana within three months if it formed a central government.
BJP`s Sushma Swaraj gave this assurance to a group of party activists from the Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh who were on a day-long dharna at Jantar Mantar here.
Sushma Swaraj, who went to the protest venue after parliament was adjourned till 12 noon, said: "Within three months of BJP coming to power at the centre, we will form a Telangana state."
Criticising the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government for going back on its promise of carving out Telangana, she said: "Do not trust the UPA government any more."
Earlier, BJP leader Arun Jaitley also addressed the party workers from Telangana at Jantar Mantar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed