BJP promises Telangana if it takes power
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday promised to form a separate state of Telangana within three months if it formed a central government.
BJP`s Sushma Swaraj gave this assurance to a group of party activists from the Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh who were on a day-long dharna at Jantar Mantar here.
Sushma Swaraj, who went to the protest venue after parliament was adjourned till 12 noon, said: "Within three months of BJP coming to power at the centre, we will form a Telangana state."
Criticising the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government for going back on its promise of carving out Telangana, she said: "Do not trust the UPA government any more."
Earlier, BJP leader Arun Jaitley also addressed the party workers from Telangana at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player