BJP promises Telangana if it takes power
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday promised to form a separate state of Telangana within three months if it formed a central government.
BJP`s Sushma Swaraj gave this assurance to a group of party activists from the Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh who were on a day-long dharna at Jantar Mantar here.
Sushma Swaraj, who went to the protest venue after parliament was adjourned till 12 noon, said: "Within three months of BJP coming to power at the centre, we will form a Telangana state."
Criticising the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government for going back on its promise of carving out Telangana, she said: "Do not trust the UPA government any more."
Earlier, BJP leader Arun Jaitley also addressed the party workers from Telangana at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened