BJP protests against Pak shelling
Jammu: The state unit of BJP on Saturday held a protest here against the firing and shelling by Pakistani troops on the border areas of Jammu for the past few days.
BJP activists assembled at Gangyal area and set ablaze Pakistan flag amid slogans against the neighbouring country.
The protesters said that the situation in Jammu was very "critical" and demanded a strong action against Pakistan for ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile, state chief of BJP Jugal Kishore Sharma visited Government Medical College hospital here to enquire about the welfare of people injured in cross-border firing in Najwal belt of Pargwal in Akhnoor on Thursday.
Sharma said the state government should establish camps in border areas and also accommodate those who have been affected due to regular firing by Pakistan.
"It is the duty of the government to accommodate and rehabilitate those who have been affected in border firing. Some people have started migrating from these areas and government should accommodate them in safer places", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city