BJP protests against Pak shelling
Jammu: The state unit of BJP on Saturday held a protest here against the firing and shelling by Pakistani troops on the border areas of Jammu for the past few days.
BJP activists assembled at Gangyal area and set ablaze Pakistan flag amid slogans against the neighbouring country.
The protesters said that the situation in Jammu was very "critical" and demanded a strong action against Pakistan for ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile, state chief of BJP Jugal Kishore Sharma visited Government Medical College hospital here to enquire about the welfare of people injured in cross-border firing in Najwal belt of Pargwal in Akhnoor on Thursday.
Sharma said the state government should establish camps in border areas and also accommodate those who have been affected due to regular firing by Pakistan.
"It is the duty of the government to accommodate and rehabilitate those who have been affected in border firing. Some people have started migrating from these areas and government should accommodate them in safer places", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar