BJP protests against Pak shelling
Jammu: The state unit of BJP on Saturday held a protest here against the firing and shelling by Pakistani troops on the border areas of Jammu for the past few days.
BJP activists assembled at Gangyal area and set ablaze Pakistan flag amid slogans against the neighbouring country.
The protesters said that the situation in Jammu was very "critical" and demanded a strong action against Pakistan for ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile, state chief of BJP Jugal Kishore Sharma visited Government Medical College hospital here to enquire about the welfare of people injured in cross-border firing in Najwal belt of Pargwal in Akhnoor on Thursday.
Sharma said the state government should establish camps in border areas and also accommodate those who have been affected due to regular firing by Pakistan.
"It is the duty of the government to accommodate and rehabilitate those who have been affected in border firing. Some people have started migrating from these areas and government should accommodate them in safer places", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months