BJP pulls up UPA-II Cong over corruption, price rise
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) took the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government apart; saying the latter`s rule has so far been marked by failures, corruption and price rise.
BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad told reporters that the UPA Government had not fulfilled its promise of lowering prices in 2009.
Prasad asked, "What is there for the UPA to show in the three years of governance under UPA-II? What this government has done that we can talk in appreciating tone? Should we not talk about corruption? Should we not talk about price rise?
"Let me remind Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that the promise that prices would come down within 100 days in 2009 when they were re elected, now it is three years. The common people are still suffering," said Prasad.
Echoing similar sentiment, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain hit out at the government, saying that it was just patting its back in the report card and had not learnt its lesson.
"The report of card of Manmohan Singh Government is just meant for self-praise. In the three years, this government has no achievement. Today we hoped that Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh would do some soul-searching but no. This is not a report card but a discredit card. This government has scored no marks in it," said Hussain.
Meanwhile, Communist Party of India (CPI) leader D Raja said the only cause for celebration for the UPA Government was that it had managed to complete three years in office.
"Firstly, there is nothing to celebrate, infact the UPA-II Government survived for three years, that is the only achievement they can claim. This survival also could be possible by default. Look at the economy; it is in such a bad shape. The UPA-II Government stands helpless," said Raja.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’